Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

First Post


As I begin work on my project, I am sifting through old copies of The Atlantic Monthly. I am a fan of the magazine mostly because it has been able to maintain such a high-brow intellectual feel, even in the age of anti-intellectualism. Because of this, it took me very little time to decide on a genre for my magazine. I’ve decided to create an intellectual editorial magazine, in the tradition of National Review and The Atlantic. Of course, it will need to be more editorial than unbiased commentary. In the next couple of days, I will be hard at work researching more partisan magazines such as National Review and Mother Jones. From this research, I will get more of a sense of of what my target audience will want to see in a magazine. More importantly, I will be able to decide what my target audience is! Surely it will be liberals, but do I want to appeal to college professors and attorneys or college students and activists? Obviously, I have a lot of decisions to make and a lot of research to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment