Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Layout Attempt


Today I drew a layout for my cover page. I decided to create a central cover image of a group of rocks painted black to resemble coal. I will place it on a white paper background with high key lighting. Then, I will add zeros and ones surrounding them using a word processor. I will use a grey background, and a blue border the same color as my masthead. I have decided to include my cover stories all together at the bottom by separating it into equally allotted spaces with the bar code in the far left side.
scan0007-page-001.jpg

I have made these choices because they are within my range of capability. I am not a very artistic person, however, I can be creative with arts-and-crafts, and after seeing the very first example of a magazine cover (the puzzle pieces on a blue background), I realized creating a physical tableau and photographing it is an option for the cover. I chose not to include to many cover stories, because this would create a chaotic scene on the cover and distract from the cover image. Also, because it is a substantive magazine, the stories are generally longer and more detailed than in say, Cosmopolitan, so there are less of them in total. However, I will have to include some more titles in my table of contents. Later, I will be posting a list of photographs that I will need to gather in order to produce my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment