Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

The First Decision


Today I finally made the decision on the type of political magazine I will create for my project. After reviewing the inspirational case studies I have examined so far, it has become apparent that the conventions of the genre vary based in two factors: the target audience and the degree of bias that the magazine contains. I have decided to target liberals in the production of my magazine, and specifically adult liberals with some degree of higher education. Ideally, the age range will be ages 35-65. The magazine will have a liberal slant (as I have already stated) but unlike Mother Jones, it will be more formal and have an aesthetic style similar to that of National Review. In essence, it will have the target demographic of the Atlantic, the style of National Review, and the point of view of Mother Jones.

I’ve come up with two possible titles: Left of Center or The Liberalest. Both of these titles are overtly indicative of the magazine’s point of view, however, the latter indicates a certain degree of self-awareness that will be interesting to have in my magazine.

In the next week, I will do more research on the two page spread and the table of contents. Also, I will decide which tools and softwares I will use in order to produce my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment