Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Long Week

    Over the past week, my patience has been spread very thin. I've been trying to begin work on my project through Microsoft Word, however it took several updates and many more Google searches to even begin working. Still, I eventually got to work on the front page of my magazine. I am unsure how to embed it directly, so I have taken a screenshot of my current progress. Of course, there is much more to come including the other two elements, but after finally getting the program working I felt like doing some blogging.

It looks a little plain right now, but I will add some cover lines, the barcode, the sell line, and other things to make it look busier and more filled out. The cover image is still a work in progress. I plan to begin taking pictures this weekend and edit them on Microsoft Paint. For the cover image, I plan on taking the pictures of the rocks painted black on a very high key white sheet of paper. Then, I am going to upload it to Paint and use the bucket tool to make the white background the same color as the magazine cover. I will zoom down to the pixel level if necessary in order to make it blend in. Then, I will add the zeros and ones with a text box in Word. 

I decided to change the font and color so that the background could be lighter and the masthead did not have to be in all caps. Also, the Cinzel font is not available on Microsoft Word. Instead, I am using Franklin Gothic Book.


No comments:

Post a Comment