Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Progress Update

It is time to update you all on my progress over the past two days. I have done some more work and made some subtle changes to my cover. Here it is:


As you can see, I have added most of the elements that were missing from my last blog post. The newest editions include the two cover stories, written in partisan and inflammatory language as required, and the large graphic of green zeros and ones. I have decided to change my font as well. The font I was using before was not as regal as I had hoped it to look on smaller text, so instead, I have decided to use a font called Big Calson. This is used in all the text on the cover and will be used for the title lines and story titles in my table of contents and two-page spread. Along with the elements I have added from yesterday, I still need to add and edit the photo of the coal rocks to be placed where it has been indicated. I also need to add a barcode in the bottom left corner.

I decided to apply several effects to the text. I added a deeper shadow to the masthead and other text, because this makes it look more scholarly and bold. Also, I have decided to add a slant effect to the code block and tint it green instead of simply having a block in the center. This way, the image will be more dynamic and I can make it appear that the code is emanating from the coal rocks themselves This will better convey my message that one is leading into the other than if I had just placed the picture of coal in the middle of a block of zeros and ones. 

By the end of the weekend, I hope to have completed taking the pictures of coal rocks (that seems like a pretty reachable goal) and plan the formatting for my other two elements. Because I have a limited time frame to complete them, this planning will be done directly on word rather than on paper. Also, I cannot draw, so any attempt to plan on paper will not look anything like what I'm trying to design.

No comments:

Post a Comment